Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 31, 2011

One Frightening Kookaburra

A Frankenkookaburra???
I've been following a blog called  
Tyto Tony (Life in a tropical Queensland wetlands) which is a beautiful blog on bird-watching in tropical north Queensland by a bloke who calls himself Tyto Tony and describes himself as a re(tired) Kiwi journalist now living in Ingham, North Queensland, Australia.
This site has wonderful wildlife photography of bird-life that TT goes around snapping himself, by the looks of it, on his website.
I've been following his adventures, off and on, since coming across his blog when I was trying to identify my little bird friend that flew into my front window in February.
The stunned Sacred Kingfisher
recovering from some
window pain;-)
This morning though I was quite impressed by this frightening looking Blue Winged Kookaburra with a snake hanging out of it beak.
The only thing missing, as I wrote in the comment box on his site, are a few bolts through it's neck.
I'm sure glad the Kookaburras around Brisbane only look like these ones I snapped on my mother-in-laws clothes line.
Snapped on my cell phone/camera in my MIL's backyard.
These come every afternoon for a feed
 with the Rainbow Lorikeets
Feeding time for the feathered friends
I love this photo he has on his side bar of a beautiful rainbow it looks like he captured on his travels.
Stunning stuff!  
Go check his work out for yourself.
http://tytotony.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Those are some remarkably beautiful birds you have in your part of the world...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the kookaburras and lorikeets each day too, but none as fearsome as Kookanegger. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a litte kingfisher crash into my front sliding window too, but not such a happy outcome. My pool is opposite and I thought he might have mistaken the reflection of the pool for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete