Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 20, 2011

Sacred Space?

The diary that I bought at the end of last year ...
but haven't used ... yet
I was sorting through a pile of books on my desk this morning and the diary pictured above was buried among them, with the bookmark I bought also inside the diary. 
I bought it so I could try and keep track of the phases of the moon throughout the year, but you know what they say about good intentions?
What caught my eye though, in more ways than one, was not only the tree and heart that was on the cover, but it had all of these little reflective squares on the trunk of the tree.
Just like the tree with the mirror-ball heart hanging from it at the Writers Festival!?!
Artwork at the Byron Bay Writers Festival
The background of the cover, making up the moon, heart, squares and bird are on a silver reflective paper, which when photographed with my camera light on made the bird turn orange like the orb in my photo from that day, as well as making the background go all colours of the rainbow.
The bird  turned orange when
I used the light
on my camera
But turned blue from this angle
But it is normally just silver
when looking at it
I also noticed the bookmark looks remarkably like the pen in this banner for the Writers Festival. 
 I haven't used the diary at all since I bought it, which is a shame.
But I flicked through it today to read the little paragraphs of information scatted through it from today until my birthday on Sept 23rd and found it quite interesting to me personally. 
See photos below.
Click on them to make them bigger
On tomorrow's page August 21st
For august 28th
For the 1st September
September 18th
And my birthday September 23rd
(Spring Equinox over here)
You can view them here, but the moon times and seasons are for the Southern Hemisphere only; Moon Diary Products

No comments:

Post a Comment