Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 2, 2012

Lost in Translation?

I bought a packet of Marshmallow sheep from IKEA recently and looking at the packet I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the words GODIS SKUM.
God is skum???
God is what?
I mean, I'm not a practicing Christian, but I can see that there might be a slight problem here.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/
products/60229028/#
 http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60229028/#
I couldn't imagine that you would see these at a church fair ... although with a slightly different pronunciation on these words I could see them being popular at an OTO Gnostic Mass;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I can see this would upset some people - especially combined with the sheep symbols. I would have thought someone in the IKEA network would have twigged this - or do they think it's funny?!

    I see that Godis means Candy and as for Skum, in a computer game: "Skum do not age, and barring death by violence or disease, they can live forever. Unfortunately, this near immortality is crippled by the fact that skum are incapable of reproducing among themselves, for all skum are male."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about their Gutvik children's bunk bed.
      It ranked number 9 on a list of the 101 Dumbest Moments in Business;

      http://accounting.smartpros.com/x42419.xml

      When IKEA sold its bunk bed in Germany, customers there noticed that Gutvik, in their language, sounded like “good f**k”?!

      Delete