Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 23, 2012

Down Among The Dead Men

I was reading a post at King Uke's blog this morning called -
"The First Step" Instruction Book 
about his collection of instruction books on playing musical instruments, and he had placed the notation of a song called 
Down Among The Dead Men on his post.
I had never heard this song before so I Googled through the video search and found this clip -
I don't think this was the song somehow, but I do remember hearing this song on the radio in it's heyday, so it was a bit of a blast from the past.
But it got me thinking to a magazine article I had read not too long ago about the Titanic/Olympic conspiracy ... which at first seemed absurd, but then started sounding very possible.
I tried searching the net to find the article I had read, but could only find ones like this article;
The Great Titanic-Olympic Switch
Then I remembered hearing that there was a doco on this subject and tried to find it on Google video, but what I found was a BBC film called 
Conspiracies- Titanic: The Ship That Never Sank
It actually started in my hometown Brisbane, oddly enough, when a guy who called himself "Paddy the Pig" started telling people that he had worked on the Titanic as a crewman and that the Titanic was actually the Olympic, the sister ship that was sunk, to claim the insurance for the Titanic sinking. 
Sounds nuts right
Well, maybe the above film is worth a watch?
Anyway, thanks King Uke for the entertaining wild goose chase this turned into for me.
Thanks to King Uke here's the real Down Among The Dead Men he was writing about.
But I have to say that's not the real King Uke singing ... unless somebody has pulled a switch on me, that is;-)

7 comments:

  1. My theory after sussing out this story and motives is that the owners of these ships were going to do a swap on the ships and sink the Olympic,but thought what a lot of pissing around that would be,so they just went ahead and sank the Titanic for the insurance money.
    But it all went pear shaped for them and they ended up killing a lot of people when the plans went haywire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise that there was a conspiracy about the Titanic. I just tried playing "Down among the dead men" and I can't make head nor tail of it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song "Down Among the Dead Men" is just a song about the Titanic.
    Which got me thinking about an article I read about a switch.Then I found "Conspiracies- Titanic:The Ship That Never Sank",which is about the switch theory.watch that one.
    It was quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to love this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUhvmrpFG0.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As exciting as the theory is, I can't help but feel that artifacts like http://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/titanic.jpg?w=300 make it unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Artifact?
    I think I can see the words designed in Sweden made in China,somewhere on that chipboard.-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're good at this conspiracy stuff! I hadn't thought of that! And that's why I'm the musical one...

    ReplyDelete