Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 29, 2012

Sydney in Melbourne and Melbourne in Sydney?

The Story Bridge Hotel's Deery's restaurant window, Brisbane
On Thursday as part of my "Magical Mystery Tour" my son offered to buy me lunch for my birthday,which was actually on the 23rd ... not the 27th, but hey, better late than never, right?
My son and our Cider Battered Barramundi and chips
Anyway, when we were waiting to be seated at the restaurant I noticed that they were advertising the two football grand finals that were taking place in Australia this weekend.
There were two posters and four footy team logos stuck on the window of the restaurant and I couldn't help thinking how odd that the Sydney Swans
 could win the AFL grand-final in Melbourne 
(the virtual home of Aussie Rules Football in Australia),
and that the Melbourne Storm  
could win the NRL grand-final in Sydney 
(the virtual home of Rugby League Football in Australia).
If I could travel back 30 years in time and tell the people in that era this, I probably would have been laughed at, beat up, or locked away ... and maybe all three at once.
It would have been considered Sci-Fi for this to be possible back 30 years ago.
It certainly will make for some good headlines for Monday's papers if this were to happen.
But this result would have been more my cup of tea;- )

No comments:

Post a Comment