Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 6, 2012

Synchronicity as a Mirror?

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
who's the syncyest of as all?
'"' By studying the history of the phenomenon, and the way the mind works, Dr. Surprise concluded "we're actually seeing a mirror of some of our own processes in the environment-- we actually are influencing the patterns of events around us." 
When you realize your unconscious involvement in the creation of events, "you have a tremendous opportunity ... to talk to the environment and have it talk back to you. 
And what you're doing is talking to deeper levels of yourself," he suggested."''
I think I hear the phone ringing,
and
I think I know who it might be.
Interesting audio interview, but I really think sync is a bit more than just my consciousness reflecting back at me in the environment.
Am I talking to me?
Am I talking to me?
Well, am I punk
?
Me standing outside the mirror maze
capturing a distorted image of myself
What do you mean by
"its a stage I'm just going through"?

Reflections of my life
Presenting the structurally unthinkable as though it were a law of nature
I just don't feel Dr. Surprise's theory is a true reflection of all that there is behind synchronicity somehow.
I think it goes a little deeper than that.
http://myexcenticartyworld.blogspot.com.au/
Whilst I don't like sharing my surname with strangers on the net, I will tell you this much - my middle name is SYDNEY,  just like the city that the matrix was actually filmed in.

Update: Sept.17th, 2012
King Uke has just posted his Pinball Wizard You Tube, but for some reason I can't seem to get the clip from You Tube to post it here ... I''ll keep trying ... but here is the link to the clip at You Tube.
Enjoy;
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aoitAec_cf4
 I thought King Uke had sent me a death threat, but it was his handwritten lyrics to Pinball Wizard;- )
Yeah!  
I did it.
Enjoy the clip.

5 comments:

  1. I got halfway through the surprise book, then set it aside. Like you, I think his theory is too simplistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know about the book, but my next electric ukulele song was going to be Pinball Wizard! You never know, I might throw it in there later on down the track so that we can get this sync really moving here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post it through You Tube on your blog and I'll re-post it here when you play it King.
      There is a great song about 3 posts down called
      "Sort of Dunno Nothin'" which reminds me of the many conversations I've had lately with my youngest teenaged son.
      You might relate to it in a few years time when Prince Uke hits the teenage years .-)

      I remember seeing "Tommy" with my Grandmother at the movies in the 70's when it came out and thinking "what was that all about,and why did Tina Turner give Tommy all those vaccinations ?-)"

      Delete
    2. There is actually a photo of my son in the above post in the photo titled "Reflections of my life".
      He's the one in the bottom right-hand corner of the photo.
      He even reminds me of the kid in the
      "Sort of Dunno Nothin'" music clip.

      Delete
  3. Wow - I can't keep up with your posts! Took an age to find this one again. You're a blogging machine! Done the tune... http://theukuleleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/pinball-wizard.html

    ReplyDelete