Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 20, 2013

Becalmed: A Little Sailing Humour

Reading Jessica Watson's book True Spirit and reading about the sailing term ,'becalmed',
 be·calm [bih-kahm] 
verb (used with object)
1.
to deprive (a sailing vessel) of the wind necessary to move it; subject to a calm: The schooner was becalmed in the horse latitudes for two weeks.
2.
Archaic. to calm; pacify.
I decided to modify the old 'Keep Calm' poster with a bit of sailing humour :-)
I also added this poster to my Doldrums post -
In the Doldrums of Everyday Living
Becalmed?
Who me?

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the new poster, for some reason, I immediately thought of "Carry On Regardless" - the 60s 'Carry On' film. The name of their venture was 'Helping Hands'

    ReplyDelete