Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 14, 2013

Space Oddity?

Chris Hadfield, a former ISS commander,
performs 'Space Oddity'
Astronaut sings Bowie's 'Space Oddity' in zero gravity
"A video of the Canadian astronaut singing David Bowie's "Space Oddity" from the International Space Station has been zipping around the Web at light speed since it was posted Sunday.  
The five-minute clip features Hadfield singing a modified version of the tune and strumming an acoustic guitar while floating through a space module, more than 200 miles above the Earth."

"Turn on, tune in, drop out"?
05.09.13 Episode 47: HAL am Eye Not Meye Self?

Update: 14 May, 2013
After I wrote this post I went back to reading Po Bronson's book 
What Should I Do With My Life?
Po Bronson: A Sense of Purpose  
The next chapter, 27 was this one -
"Guidance, Navigation, and Control", where Po writes,
"Russell Carpenter was an amazing oddity in today's times".
Then Po writes about attending a Bowie Bayswater Baseball game with Russell!?!
Bowie Baysox
Bowie Baysox

4 comments:

  1. Talking about Space Oddities... isn't this fantastic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KaOC9danxNo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you watch the top clip King ?
    It's the same one.
    Pay attention or I'll have to sit you in the corner of the class.-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I think my video might be better than your one! I am soooo tired with this new dog, you wouldn't believe. That and I don't watch all the videos ;-)

    Am I right though? or am I right? It's a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KU
    They are the exact same video,but yours is definitely better.-)

    ReplyDelete