Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 17, 2013

Sand Dollar Dreaming: Hope

Digging for "doves"
One of the "doves" from the center of the shell
"A symbol of rebirth and new beginnings, Sand Dollar Dreaming offers freedom and a sense of belonging to those prepared to live a life of devoted belief.
To see the Sand Dollar for what its name suggests, a talisman that invokes divine and sanguine wealth, will ultimately lead you to a place of spiritual enlightenment and inner peace."
From the book Animal Dreaming.
http://www.animaldreaming.com/
I'm not a Christian, but I do like the legend above, it kind of makes it a little more special when you find one on the beach .
I like the above photo as an expression of hope, as Turtle Dreaming is meant to represent Mother Earth according to the
Animal Dreaming book.
With the turtle, you are being reminded that we are 'all related' and that, even when you believe yourself forsaken, you are being cradled and nurtured by Mother Earth.

4 comments:

  1. I love the legend of the sand dollar. I don't think I've ever seen one on a south Florida beach, but have found them on Caribbean beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never come across any in real life that I know of,but I really haven't done that many beach walks either.I'll be keeping an eye out in future walks along the beach though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom has this very same sand dollar poem on her bookshelf, complete with a real sand dollar and doves. I've always loved it. The 5 pointed star syncs with Venus for me, which is an older archetype than Jesus, but I still like the symbolism. Apparently, in Revelations, Jesus calls himself the bright morning star, which is... Venus. So I guess it all syncs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Michael.
    I love the symbolism to the story,but I'm not real keen on the Jesus story,it only appeals to me on a mythological level,as personally I believe if Jesus ever lived his story has been so mixed into other mythologies that he may as well be a myth.
    I don't have a problem with Christians believing what they want,as long as they are not trying to damn anyone to the hell-fires.
    I love Christian iconography,as I do Hindu iconography,but only as archetypes and not as physical realities.
    I love the sacred space of churches,but the dogma that's preached puts me off in most churches,except for the Liberal Catholic Church,because there isn't that much dogma at all in that Church.I'm sure there are similar churches around,too,which I may be comfortable in as well.
    And I'm sure there are some good mainstream churches out there,but it's the official dogma I have the trouble with.

    ReplyDelete