Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 2, 2013

"30 Days in Sydney" Syncs

The SYNC Book 2

Syncs

I finished reading Peter Carey's book 30 Days in Sydney on the weekend.
It's a book that I had sitting on the shelf for a couple of months, but the only one I had in my bookshelves of his that I hadn't read, and since he was billed to be on at the Byron Bay Writers Festival this year I thought I had better read it.
It was written in 2000, so there is a lot of water under the bridge since then.
The Sydney Harbour Bridge
Peter wrote about the monorail and how controversial it was, which got me thinking that I must have a ride on that when I'm next down there, as I've never been on it.
Too late though, because the last ride was Sunday night.
Sydney's monorail to make final journey before demolition  
It's going to be taken down after 25 years of service.
Doh!
That was the first I'd heard about it.
Not such a big deal, news wise in Brisbane, I guess.
The funny thing about Peter Carey's book and the book that I'm reading now (pictured above) straight after reading Pete's, is that both books are written with Earth, Fire, Air and Water chapters.
Plus Gifts of Unknown Things covers some similar topics as did the book I read before 30 Days in Sydney,
The Wave Watcher's Companion.

Synchronicity

Timing's Everything

Byron Bay lighthouse
Byron Bay lighthouse
The only reason I ever bought, The Wave Watcher's Companion
was because the lighthouse on the cover reminded me of the 
Byron Bay lighthouse.
And now, Peter Carey will be in Byron for the Writers Festival.
Pete writes in his book how his house in Sydney was burned down in a bush-fire and how he still can't bear to look at the old property where it once stood.
He even puts in a story about volunteer firefighters battling to save homes near his and the dangers involved by putting their lives on the line.
No sooner had I finished the book I see 19 firefighters died the other side of the world battling forest  fires. 

Firefighters killed in fast-moving 

Arizona blaze

Just when I think the book couldn't get any more synchronistic Pete finishes the book with a fisherman receiving a bottle of Inner Circle rum for a favour he did for a yachtsman.
The funny thing here is that Inner Circle Rum is made at the 
Beenleigh Rum Distillery, which is where my wedding reception was held at in 1988.
When I got married Inner Circle was made somewhere else, but now it is made by the distillery where my wedding reception was held.
Beenleigh Rum Distillery
Ah, 1988 fashion, you've gotta love it
 ... not
!
The book that I'm reading now centers around a young real-life girl that Lyall Watson met in Indonesia named Tia (which just happens to be the name of my mother-in-law's dog) and now at this moment, my youngest son and his girlfriend are in Indonesia for the next two weeks.
Life is definitely stranger than fiction, as my old friend Andrew used to say to me ... before he went to jail for a murder that he didn't commit IMO.

Speaking About Fishy 

Things and Libriarians

5 comments:

  1. Always interesting how your find these synchros in your life - as is your sense of fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mike
    I don't find them,they find me,and I'm always amazed by the 'coincidences' as they line up in my life.
    Like a ship sailing on the breeze,it is the wind that is responsible for where it takes me.I just have to keep an eye out for the markers to steer the course to keep me on track...if that makes any sense ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes perfect sense! There are some stunning synchros in this entire sequence. BTW, love the photo of you and your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Trish,
    apart from the bad haircuts
    (although I just sport a shorter bad haircut now.-) we haven't changed that much in features,maybe a few grey hairs and extra lines is all.
    The little blonde haired boy in the cake photo helped to build my new carport recently.Time flies...even when you are not having fun.-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does make sense Darren. But many wouldn't notice the synchros that are 'finding' them. I think a lot goes unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete