Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 2, 2013

Sync Book 2 Sync, Too?

How's this for a Sync Book 2 sync?
My paragraph as it appears in SB2 
(click photo to make bigger)
Alan Abbadessa Green e-mailed me before the SB2 came out to ask me for a December 21st, 2012, end of the world prediction, and I wrote a paragraph about my life being like a character's life out of the Peter Carey novel Bliss.
(click on photo above to read it or go to page 458 of SB2 to read it).
Well today at the Byron Bay Writers Festival I bought Peter's book Bliss and he signed it for me.
He hasn't been to Byron Bay since 1979 and no one knew he was doing the BBWF until a few months ago, and while he is Australian, he's been living in New York for years.
When people ask him where he is from, he often says he is a
Martian, because he grew up in Baccus Marsh in Victoria.
When I asked him to sign my book, I asked him to sign it to 'Darren the Australien' and he thought that was pretty funny and asked how I came up with that word.
I told him it was a spelling mistake that I ended up keeping for my e-mail account.
So, keep an eye out to see if he starts saying he is an Australien now;-)
Peter Carey at the BBWF 2013
Peter Carey at the BBWF signing tent

"30 Days in Sydney

Syncs

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Every time I see your photos and read the posts about this writers' festival, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren the Australien - that's good.

    ReplyDelete