Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 21, 2013

Titanic Syncing?

Artwork by Alan Aldridge
Yesterday it was brought to my attention when I had mentioned this news story -
The violin and Wallace Hartley's body were
 recovered
10 days after the ship went down
 "A violin that was being played as the Titanic went down has sold at auction in London for $1.45 million.
Band leader Wallace Hartley played the violin in an attempt to calm passengers as the ship slipped into the frozen waters of the North Atlantic in April 1912 after hitting an iceberg.
Hartley's band played the hymn, Nearer My God To Thee, as passengers climbed into lifeboats.
He and his seven fellow band members all died after choosing to play on.
British auctioneer Alan Aldridge says the band displayed extraordinary courage."
Violin that was played as Titanic sank fetches record $1.45m at auction 
that Alan Aldridge was also the name of the guy 
who did a lot of artwork for 'The Beatles'.
http://www.alanaldridge.net/
Artwork by Alan Aldridge.
The Titanic
?
 But I particularly like this one below,
 which combines one of my dear totem animals with one of my blogging friend's totems.
 My Kingfisher totem
The Bird that Flew into the Window
and  King Uke's Beetle /Scarab totem,
Drilling the Grand Poobah
Anyway, check Alan's site out for yourself here -
http://www.alanaldridge.net/

3 comments:

  1. Great art work, captured an era of time - as I suppose did that violin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art work. I love the bold psychedelic colors! I read this story in our newspaper and thought, there must be synchros in here somehow. You nailed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bit of the violin story that most grabbed me was that the instrument was damaged to the point of being unplayable and that it should never be played again out of respect for Wallace Hartley and his band. I wonder whether Wallace Hartley would have agreed with this?

    ReplyDelete