Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 6, 2014

Look at All the Happy Creatures: Looking Out My Backdoor

Thought I would go for a short drive and a walk from where I live and take in the best things in life in my neck of the woods today (Sunday) - free attractions.

Daisy Hill Koala Centre

I thought I would checkout some local koalas in this government funded free attraction set in some picturesque Aussie bush-land.
Looks like I was too late arriving to catch the Biblethumpers gathering in their natural habitat, although it was a bit hot so maybe they went down to the creek to cool themselves down by performing a few baptisms?-) 
Even the pagans were missing from their usual spot where they can normally be seen preparing burnt offerings on their smoking altars.
But I did get to see nature's equivalent to a pothead - a koala, or two.
I had the idea that I should try brewing some eucalyptus beer and see if it would have the same effect on me.
 It's hard to tell which side of the cage is which sometimes, don't you think?-)
 I wanted to take some pictures from the top of this tower, but it was closed for maintenance. 
This room I felt was the best part of the attraction today, not because it was a great film playing, but being such a hot day and this being the only air-conditioned room in the building I just didn't want to leave.
But I had to, because nature was calling, although not the kind you're probably thinking of.

Tygum Park

I mean this kind of nature on the other side of the freeway from the koala park.
A big lake fed by underground springs.
I never even knew this lake was here until today.
I'll just have to get out more often I think.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you do get out more - and with your camera. Always enjoy seeing the local sights of another blogger. Better than all of the tourist guides, much more 'real'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the landscape is beautiful. Parts of - minus the koalas, of course - resemble some parts of Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are really beautiful, Darren. I know I haven't commented on your blog before, but I've been following it for a few months now. I have an Aussie friend on the interfaith discussion forum where I've been wasting an inordinate amount of time for the past two years. He also lives near Brisbane if I remember correctly. He concurs that it's been inordinately hot where he lives, and that temperature records have been broken for several years in a row. I'm going to post the link to this post on one of the topics where we are both active, because I think he'd enjoy seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to do more trips and posts like this one just to remind me of the treasures that surround me and how lucky I am Raksha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, maybe each of us should do these local photo blogs. I love getting an insider's view of other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete