Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 4, 2014

Rivermouth

Propaganda/Are We Cool Yet?

When I was up at the Woodford Folkfest at Christmas time I stumbled upon this little piece of art from a Brisbane band that I had never heard of before, and I'm from Brisbane.
So I took a look at the song titles and decided to take a chance and buy it.
I figured that if the songs are lame it would still make a nice piece of art, as it really is a work of art in my opinion.
Front side
The songs are contained on a USB stick that swivels out of a wooden painting.
Back side
The wooden piece comes folded inside a fold out poster.
Rivermouth
And the songs are pretty good too, for a first up album.
I was quite happy with my purchase and I listen to it quite a bit.
Still I would rather a CD of the songs ... just call me old school.
Here is a tip I shouldn't really be telling you, but you can hear the whole album at this link -
http://rivermouthband.bandcamp.com/
But if you like their music, please throw a few coins in their guitar case.

1 comment:

  1. Like the packaging and design, not quite so keen on the music though - but it's good to support new bands.

    ReplyDelete