Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 1, 2014

Emu Spirit???!

I came across a product at work called Emu Spirit
and out of curiosity wondered what was in it.
To my dismay I found out  
"Emu Spirit’s Oil of Emu products contain the synergistic activity of all aspects of Emu oil, including its temperature sensitive Omega essential fatty acids. We control all stages of production, from farming of the Emus, to the processing and the rendering of fat into the 100% pure Oil of Emu, using our patented rendering system at our Melbourne factory"
WTF?! 
"The farming and feeding of Emus plays a significant part in the quality of Emu oil. Our experience has shown that three year old Emus that have been through a breeding season appear to produce a more active oil than Emus processed just prior to their first breeding season as is the normal industry practice."
People actually rub the oil of this poor bird into their skin.
To me that just sounds barbaric.
And I know not being a vegetarian myself I probably shouldn't be throwing moral stones at others, but to me this just sounds so wrong.
Then I read that Cate Blanchett told Elle magazine that , 
"I also use—and I'll probably get some flack for this—emu oil. It's an Australian thing. The indigenous use it on their skin from the time they're babies. It works to protect the skin, help moisturize, and repair."
Cate Blanchett Gold. Why she uses Emu Oil
How bazaar is that? 
I mean Cate is one of my favourite actresses in the world, 
but how would she like being hunted for her joint oil, 
so people could rub "Cate Blanchett Spirit" on their faces?-)
 Well Cate?
What do you have to say about that?  

9 comments:

  1. I'll have to pass on that product! The pictures of the open mouthed emu and Cate are perfect - there's definitely the same look in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so sick! Funny how we've never heard about this from the animal rights angle, I wonder how many people realise this is from a rendered carcass of a baby Emu? (Did I understand this right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,I don't know why animal activists haven't kicked up a big stink over this one either.
    That information I've written about above was straight from the manufacturer's own website,including the story on Cate and her emu oil wearing story from Elle magazine.
    Maybe people overseas don't realize what an emu really is.
    The emu is on the Australian Coat of Arms and like the song "Old Man Emu" sings on the 50c piece,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears ago I bought some emu oil without understanding what it actually was and where it came from. When I learned the truth, I tossed it. The process is revolting and cruel beyond imagining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made a Freudian slip with the words "tears" and "years" in the above comment Trish,but it works out quite well under the circumstances really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Maybe people overseas don't realize what an emu really is." I'm sure we do, some of us are actually quite bright :)

    I've never seen Emu Oil over here, but I wouldn't buy it any way being vegetarian - though it's easy to get fooled with products and what is in them.

    Dreadful things are done to animals and much in the name of food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't mention it in the above article,but if you go to their website you will see that you can even buy capsules of emu oil to take internally.
    Now that's a hard pill to swallow in more ways than one.
    Yuck !

    ReplyDelete
  8. An anagram for emu spirit is "its impure" which could mean morally wrong. I wouldn't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And if only I could get a h from somewhere to put in place of the asterisk I'd have an even better anagram ;-)

    Impure S*it

    ReplyDelete