Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 4, 2014

My Highlight of the Byron Bay Writers Festival 2014

My Highlight of the Byron Bay Writers Festival 2014  
(among many ... more posts to come)  
would have to be getting ex-Prime-minister of Australia,
Malcolm Fraser to sign my copy of 
Mungo MacCallum's book The Whitlam Mob:-)
I had this brainstorm to see if Malcolm would be a sport and sign the chapter about him in Mungo's book, if I had bought a copy of Malcolm's book, also.
Which he did sign.
But while I didn't hide the fact from him that it was Mungo's book he was signing, I don't think Malcolm paid much attention when he was signing it.
After signing a copy of his book for me he then signed the open book where his name appeared without even checking to see the front cover of the book he was signing for me.
The ex-Prime-minister of Australia,
Malcolm Fraser at the BBWF 2014
Malcolm Fraser in the signing
tent next to
Richard Clapton
.
I then took my signed copy of The Whitlam Mob over to Mungo to sign,  just before his book launch with Kerry O'Brien, near the bar area of the Writers Festival.
Kerry O'Brien and Mungo MacCallum
  
at the BBWF 2014
Kerry had just done the interview with Malcolm Fraser beforehand and when I showed Kerry Malcolm's signature in Mungo's book he cracked up laughing.

Definitely the high-light of my great weekend at the Writers Festival and there will be more posts about my weekend to follow soon, in the next few days.
For those outside Australia who don't know too much about Australian politics, 
Malcolm Fraser was the man who took over the leadership of Australia 
when the Whitlam government was sacked by the 
Queen of England's Governor General.
So much for a democratic government by the people.
Malcolm Fraser: in conversation with Kerry O’Brien at the BBWF 2014

8 comments:

  1. Have been waiting for these posts. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be plenty more on the BBWF Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know about how Fraser first became Prime Minister. Just read the Wikipedia version of what happened.

    Look forward to your other Byron Bay festival posts. I expect there's a lot more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There sure is Mike.
    I bought 24 books and took 256 photos while I was at the BBWF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! There must be a months worth of posts to come - at least. Sounds like you had a very successful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably have enough for more posts than I care to write Mike.
    I'm getting a headache just thinking about the writing them all out in the near future.
    Ironic how Writer's Festivals always mean more writing about them once I get home.
    Next year it's just going to be Beer,Wine and Food Festivals for me,I think :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha. You cheeky monkey. Should have got him to sign a few cheques at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have if I thought he had any money,but going around signing books at book festivals is probably a sign that he has about as much money left as I do KU. :-)

    ReplyDelete