Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 19, 2015

Pictures from the 2015 Bangalow Billycart Races Last Sunday

The 2015 Bangalow Billycart Derby was on again yesterday and while a little damp at times throughout the day the only downer was the track ... all the way down to the bottom of the the main road;-)
Here are my snaps of the day.
Enjoy.
Before Race
After Race
I never saw this one in any of the events
 for some reason
;-)
I noticed a copy of
We Need to Talk About Kevin
in the news-agent window
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Hay everywhere?
Hay everywhere?-) (Men at Work)
Even on the billboards of the street
.
 
Colin Hay from Men At Work
The race commentator's box?
People tend to come out of their shell
on race day in
Bangalow I noticed;-)
Although some can be a little crabby as well;-)
What a little R.I.Pper?
The lady who shoots those wonderful
videos for
The Echo newspaper
These guys had Amazing Grace while
walking down the steep incline
;-)
Tex Perkins preparing for the celebrity race
 
UPDATE: 21st May, 2015.
I forgot to mention that after this race I talked my brother into going to see the new Mad Max movie that coincidentally started the same weekend of the Bangalow Billy-cart Derby.
We caught the 4:20 session, which if you know about the Byron Bay drug culture sounds like a little joke in itself, because pot is a big part of the scene in these parts, so 420 and joints do have a meaning that doesn't go unnoticed to those in the know;-)
I have to say though that I didn't like the new Mad Max movie.
I wasn't stoned, but still my eyes glazed over watching this movie.
Give me the old Mad Max movies any day over this new movie.
The ironic thing though is that Steve Bisley from the original Mad Max movie was in the celebrity race this time last year, which I wrote about in this post- 
Stillways: A Memoir
Steve Bisley, Bangalow 2014 Billy-cart Derby after the race

2 comments:

  1. You know, synchros aside, this just looks like a lot of FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Trish and one day I just might enter a go-cart and drive down the hill myself.

    ReplyDelete