Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 7, 2016

Tainted Love/Groovy Kind of Love ... all in the Stars?

My ex-wife's all-time favourite song even before I met her as teenagers, according to her, is Soft Cell's Tainted Love.
She even set it, and still has it, as far as I'm aware, as the ring tone on her cell phone.
She played this song frequently over our 30 years together as a couple. 
Love is in the stars?
I think she liked the music more than the lyrics, but she did like singing the "run away" part of the lyrics, which she eventually did in real life at the end of our marriage, without so much as a good-bye.  

I never really liked that song, even though she did, because I'm one who listens to lyrics in songs and these lyrics I didn't much care for.
My birthday falls on September 23rd,
oddly enough
The funny thing is, and I only found this out on the weekend when I Googled the 'Tainted Love' film clip, that the guy in the Tainted Love music video is a Virgo, like I am and since I was born on the cusp of Virgo my birthdate of the 23rd of September is plainly seen in that clip, as well.
So, given the lyrics of the song and the additional information from the film clip that this guy is a Virgo, I can't help but think this song should really have been my song in this relationship and that 
I should have run away when she was yoked to a dominating mother, who although I got on alright with at first and thought my wife would grow into her own person without her mother's domination of her life, I was sadly wrong.
In fact, if anything her mother dominates her life more now that we are divorced (my ex-wife lives right across the road literally from her mother's house) than when we were married.
Now, I've never really been one for astrology, because I can't see how a bunch of planets orbits could make this all work in some cosmic way, but I must admit that I have been impressed with readings and personality types over the years from various astrologers that gave me readings, usually for free, as well, just to show my doubting mind that there is something to it ... and I must admit that there seems to be something that does make this all work on some level, that I don't understand, which I guess is why it is so popular with people on the planet.
My friend Trish MacGregor offered to do a star-chart for me for free when I was in the middle of my divorce, and I had my house on the market for sale early last year.
Here is the e-mail below Trish sent to explain it all to me in the middle of last year.
Click image to make bigger so you can read it.
I smirked when I read about my house selling around September/October, as I thought it would sell way before then, but as September neared it didn't even look like selling and I was being advised to drop the price dramatically by my/wife's real estate agent and my wife, but I refused to, even though I knew I was going to have to soon, as I needed the money from the sale to live off since I had been made redundant from my job.

But I decided to hold off on reducing the price on the house until the end of September.
The weird thing is only one buyer was interested in the house just as I was about to give in and reduce the price, and since she was about to have a baby, she wanted the house at the price I had on it and ASAP.
The house sale went through at the end of September netting us an extra $30,000 that we wouldn't have got if I had of given in.
My real estate agent told me how lucky I was that I held on and didn't reduce the price and asked me what insight I had that made me hold on to my ... to him ... unreasonable price.
I told him that a friend did a birth-chart up for me telling me the house would sell in September/October, so I decided that if there were no offers by the end of September I would give in and go with his price reduction to sell it.
And while my marriage fell apart officially in February 2016 Trish has been spot on in everything she wrote in that e-mail.
I have heaps of freedom now with no mortgage, no shitty job, plenty of time to study my esoteric subjects that I'm interested in and enough money to travel and live off for a few years without having to get a job.
Canberra capital city of Australia
My son just moved to Canberra at Christmas time to live with his girlfriend, so I'm doing a road trip in my new car in April, as I've never been to visit our nation's capital city before, plus my football team the Sharks will be playing there that weekend, so I plan to be there to cheer them on.

 So, maybe my marriage was written in the stars, even though it turned into a nightmare for me in the end, thanks mostly to my mother-in-law's apron strings being tied to my ex-wife's wrist so tightly.
But at least I got two sons out of that mess, whom I can be proud of, even if the song I chose for our wedding waltz should have been her favourite one 'Tainted Love' instead of Phil Collin's version of 'Groovy Kind of Love'.
The Clockwork Orange Effect?
I must say though that Marilyn Manson's version of 'Tainted Love' resonates with me much better for its nightmarish qualities, which is how I look back on my failed marriage now.
But it is definitely a song I should have paid more attention to and ran away when I had the chance in that first year of meeting her.
 I hope the stars have something better for me to look forward to in my future.
As this card above shows words are cheap and usually mean nothing in the long run, especially by those who write them, but I hope that she'll be 
for the rest of her life, too;-)
I have to admit that being born on the cusp of Virgo/Libra I've always seen myself as more of a Libra than a Virgo, but I guess I am equal parts both in many ways.
And looking at Kim Falconer's stars for the Year of the MonkeyI think I'll be a Libra for this one:-)

1 comment:

  1. I knew you resonated with me for some reason. I'm September 22 (same day as Bilbo and Frodo are born, and Michael Faraday - GET IN YOUR CAGE, MICHAEL!) and according to most astrology charts I have done for me, I'm born just 90 minutes in to Libra (1984, so, each year likely as a different span), but in Vedic astrology (East, North, and South each) I come up as Virgo. So, just like you, I internally balance (heh heh) and feel a bit of both, but mostly I identify with Libra. If but that I just don't care for being a Virgo. Dono why. My Mercury is in Virgo, but again, dono why.

    ALSO we both had a 'failed' relationship (that is NOT the right term, but I am identifying with your view here, emoting, that is) to a female human of this terrestrial sphere, and it was a female who's matriarchal life-donor was also a noose of aprons. Dear CREATOR! If she is not her own woman, we have learned, do NOT get involved. In my case, she got herself all cozy to a new male in six months post my leaving her (in this case we differ as such, but that was hell for me, so I do not know if it is that different)m and soon after she trapped the poor dear new male with child. I am sure you are grateful as you write here for your boys, and I am grateful that hers inn't mine.

    Thanks for sharing your story here. It adds to my life in a way I find hard to communicate, but, for what it's worth, 'I'm with ya, brother'. But for now... I've got to. [] [] run away.

    ReplyDelete