Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 6, 2016

Robert Moss About Coincidences & Synchronicities

I'm reading the new Robert Moss book 'Sidewalk Oracles' now, which I've recently written a post about which you can read at this link below -

Sidewalk Oracles: Walking with Eyes Wide Open
I thought I would see if there were any videos on the web of Robert's and came across some interesting ones, which I've placed in this post.
Interestingly, this video above got my attention, as I noticed the Google link indicates that the video goes for 2:37 minutes.
In my post Sidewalk Oracles: Walking with Eyes Wide Open I write about finding a book of the Stanley Kubrick script for the movie 'Eyes Wide Shut'and the book the movie was based on called, 'Dream Story' by Arthur Schnitzler.
My Eyes Wide Shut book I bought
  
for $5 in
Brunswick Heads
So, when I saw that the clip above went for
2:37 minutes, I couldn't help thinking of another Kubrick movie where 237 was a haunted room in 'The Shining'.
I also thought it was interesting that I found an interview with Robert on Whitley Strieber's Dreamland radio show, as I had just bought Whitley's new book co-written with Jeff Kripal.
On page 97 of Robert's book 'Sidewalk Oracles'
he mentions the word "communion"
But I found it strange that in Robert's book he talks about recalling a dream that he felt was real about being a pilot in WWII who was shot down.
Because I just saw the 40th anniversary the movie 'Tommy' at the cinema, and am in the middle of writing a post about it right now.
In the movie 'Tommy', Tommy's father is a WWII pilot who gets shot down and is presumed dead
In the movie version of Tommy, but not the rock opera/recording, Tommy's father is killed when he returns home to find his wife in bed with another man.
Tommy who is normal at this point sees his father killed and then loses all his senses from that point on until he integrates all his traumatic experiences while growing up. 
Ken Russell, the director of Tommy reminds me a lot of Robert Moss in attitude as well as looks, although Ken died not so long ago, so is now in the land of the dead, so to speak.
Ken Russell, the director of Tommy
Bob (Robert?) in the Minion version of Tommy?
As coincidence would have it, while on the subject of movies, I watched the movie 'Minions' last night and got a lot of synchs out of it that related to Robert's book and his videos above.

I have a lot of trouble buying Robert's theory of parallel infinite lives, although I do believe in past lives and that maybe time can loop in on itself in some way to contact future lives, though I'm not real sure about the future lives stuff either, so it was funny that in the movie 'Minions' that at the VillainCon there is a Dr. Flux bringing his future selves to help him out in his present life, when one of his future selves kills his present self and therefore kills the lot of them:-) 
I also found it amusing how ROBert is always saying to keep an eye out for numberplates to give you a sign and the minions get a lift to the VillainCon in a car with the numberplate that reads LUV2ROB
Also, I thought it was funny that to get to the underground VillainCon the secret entrance was marked with a Big Fish and when they drive in the song playing is The Doors'Break on through (to the Other Side)'.
Ken Russell made the movie 'Altered States', which is kind of a shamanic tale, also.
What I also liked when I watched Ken Russell's movie 'Tommy', was the appearance of the fox hunter when Tommy is welcoming guests to his house.
Game #11 in 'Sidewalk Oracles' is called 'Expect the Unexpected Guest', where Robert quotes a Rumi poem and writes about opening the door and naming the feeling that greets you in its animate or personified form in which it presents itself.
The fox hunter in the "come to my house"
scene from Tommy.
The last part of Robert's book is devoted to the archetype of the fox appearing as a trickster/messenger and he writes that when fox is around, the message is,"pay attention"
On a personal note, I was thinking of driving down to Ballina next week and I was thinking of taking in a movie at the Ballina Fair cinemas, as I've never been to this cinema before, and since I was contemplating moving to Ballina soon, I wanted to see what the cinema there was like for watching movies.
I noticed the cinema is on the corner of Fox street when I was looking up to see what was playing this week.
And I see the Chris Hemsworth (who lives not far up the road from these cinemas BTW) movie 'The Huntsman: Winter's War' is playing this week.
Chris Hemsworth who plays the Huntsman in that movie was at Bluesfest on Good Friday, so our paths may have crossed without me realizing it, as I didn't know he was there until I read a news story about, he and his family being there that day.
Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky at
 the
Byron Bay Blues Fest on Friday
Easter Saturday at Bluesfest 2016
So, I thought it was funny that Robert writes about a dream he had of going into "The Huntsman's Arms" pub which was run by a fox who hunted humans.
The hunted becoming the hunter?  
'The Huntsman: Winter's War' seems very Tommy like to me in theme, as the Huntsman sets out to destroy the evil queen's mirror:-)
Which is funny because I have a snow globe with a fish inside it sitting on a chest of drawers in my bedroom, as to me it represents me looking out of my fishbowl at the world and observing life, and I was thinking how cool it would be if they made a SKNOW globe with a smooth mirrored ball inside a snow globe, so when you looked in you would see yourself inside the snow globe looking out at you looking in.
Pinball anyone?
Final scene in the movie Tommy
Something to reflect on in life no doubt?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment