Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 6, 2016

What is it with Pop Culture and Aliens?

When I was in the Jindabyne Visitor (?!) Centre I noticed these quirky artworks for sale and hanging on the wall.
Oddly enough, I was also reading Whitley Strieber and Jeff Kripal's new book 'The Super Natural', where the two dissect Whitley's "Visitor" encounters that Whitley describes in his books like 'Communion' and 'Transformation'.
Whitley also writes about his encounters with a kind of divine goddess/alien/God knows what in his new book, so it struck me as odd that this picture directly below was also on the wall of the Jindabyne Visitor (?!) Centre.
I was beginning to think I was in the town of 'Twin Peaks' instead of Jindabyne, which is kind of fitting since David Bowie was in a Twin Peaks movie and also in Whitley Strieber's movie version of his book 'The Hunger'
'Alien' and 'Blade Runner' director Ridley Scott's brother Tony also directed 'The Hunger', as well.
Bowie of course was right into the alien thing himself starring in 'The Man Who Fell to Earth' and making video clips about aliens in suburbia.
The weird thing also was the cinema which is joined to the Jindabyne Visitor (?!) Centre was playing the latest blockbuster about a human superhero fighting an alien superhero (God/Christ figure?)
Not exactly a bumper crowd on the night:-)
Sitting outside the cinema on a cool 7 degrees Celsius night in Jindabyne
I went and saw it again that night, as I had started to dose off in parts when I saw it in Canberra with my son that Monday night, but being a Wednesday night not many people go to the movies and for a while it was looking like it was just going to be me and the minions in the back row who were going to watch this movie, until four other people entered the movie just as it was starting.

I also found this pyramid shaped church in the backstreets of Jindabyne and right across the street from it is a mural painted on a shop wall of owls.
Strieber mentions that owls can be screen memories for "visitor" contact in his book.
Are the Powerful Owls What They Seem?
Are the owls what they seem?-)
Then when I'm walking around Lake Jindabyne I sit down and see this strange book someone had left out in the rain by the looks, and I was tempted to pick it up and take it with me to see if it was any good, but it was in bad shape from being left out in the weather -
'Deep Future: The Next 100,000 Years of Life on Earth'
Another painting hanging in the Info Centre
ANZAC Day was coming up in Australia on the following Monday to when I saw this painting of poppies on the wall in Jindabyne and the poppy is a symbol of remembrance of the fallen soldier.

A scene from the movie Tommy
I had recently seen the movie Tommy and the poppy is used as a symbol in that movie quite a bit and not just as a symbol of the fallen, but also as a symbol for drug use
And in another weird personal twist, the next day in the town of Cooma I would stumble across Pete Townsend's hardcover autobiography in a book-sale for five bucks.
I'd bought $24 worth of books in the sale at this newsagent and then checked my Powerball ticket I bought in Jindabyne at this newsagent in Cooma and found I had won enough from Powerball to cover my book purchases.
It wasn't lost on me either that if you took an o out of Cooma you'd be in Coma;-)
Poppies/coma?!
Strieber goes one better than The Who in his new book by not only asking WHO the "visitors" are, but WHO, what and where we are.
Stars within the Star?
Stars within the Star?
David Bowie's final album, Blackstar, reveals a whole constellation of stars when light is shone through the LP edition's gatefold
The Man Who Fell to Earth?
Strieber and Kripal write about 'The Two Way Mirror' in their latest book also. 
I'll go into the two-way mirror theory in another post, which will also tie into some darkly ironic Pop Cultural references and life events, which I find quite a mind boggling "coincidence".
 But I will give you a hint in the picture below.
The world we live in is truly a lot weirder than most of us think and I had to laugh when I got off the chairlift at Thredbo and started my walk to the highest spot in Oz and saw this sign below.
Click photo to make bigger to read
The highest spot (and probably the coldest)
in Oz (Australia) on the day
What goes up must come down, as they say:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment