Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 16, 2016

A Dark Foreshadowing of the Nice Event?

I saw this story about a French tourist who had been traveling around Australia for a year and was killed when she got out of a truck after hitching a ride and got her bag caught on the truck and was accidentally run over -
Tributes pour in for fallen French tourist Alixe Stoffel
"A FRENCH tourist has been remembered as a beautiful “fallen angel” following her tragic death in Brisbane earlier this week.
The 19-year-old Alixe Stoffel was run over by a truck at a service station in Nudgee on Monday night, in what was described as a freak accident."

Police with truck in Nice, France

That tragic story of the French Tourist getting run over by a truck in my hometown on Monday seemed to foreshadow a darker news story to come out of her home country on Friday of the same week in my part of the world, when 84 people would lose their lives after being run over by a truck in France.

Nice attack: At least 84 dead as truck rams into Bastille Day crowd in terrorist assault in French Riviera city

2 comments:

  1. I had a moment Friday out back in my outdoor kitchen, I normally am like any other de-sensitized American prole with such horrific information. This death by truck made me cry. Call me old fashioned, but people are precious, this life is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this news story of the French girl getting accidentally run over by the truck as she was having the time of her life touring Australia I was struck with sadness, too.
    But having just been on a three week road trip from Brisbane to Tasmania and back and nearly getting squashed into the back of a bus in a highway accident which did appear to have involved at least one fatality (one car was covered by a blue tarpaulin)and then not being far away from a truck collision outside Melbourne which closed the freeway for two hours, not to mention a guy jumping to his death the night after from the ship I sailed back to the mainland on, death has been something following and haunting me since my time on the road.The world is a beautiful, but deadly place and when you are traveling like I was life would constantly remind me that tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.
    I particularly feel sorry for the truck driver, as he will be haunted by the running over of the girl he gave a lift to, no matter how much he tries to tell himself that it wasn't his fault.
    I also find it darkly ironic that the week this poor French girl gets run over by a truck, some nutbag goes on a rampage with a truck in her home country.
    Life can certainly turn dark at the drop of a hat.

    ReplyDelete