Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 17, 2016

Animism Without the Dog-matism?

I was listening to the Rune Soup podcast above about Animism while flicking through Jon Kudelka's book of cartoons on Hobart, which I recently received in the post, after having visited Hobart myself for the Dark Mofo winter festival
I like how Kudelka has a drawing of Mt. Wellington/Kunanyi with a pair of eyes watching a human watching it back on the front cover of his 'Hobart' book, which kind of fit with the theme of  
John Reid's TEDx talk in the You Tube below.  
Mt. Wellington/Kunanyi was the first place I ever saw snow in my life, which I wrote about in this post -
Room at the End of the World?
Look, no dogma?-)
To me the idea Animism is like fragments of The Holy Spirit being scattered throughout the environment into individual units, that seem separate, but are all connected to the one Holy Spirit

A Cascade of Rabbits?

"Holy Spirit is stated to be a realm beyond the ability of words to properly convey. 
It must be experienced, realized, kindled within like a holy fire."
Animism?
Depiction of the Christian Holy Spirit
as a dove,
by Gian Lorenzo Bernini,
in the apse of Saint Peter's Basilica
"The English term "Spirit" comes from its Latin counterpart, spiritus, which is how the Vulgate translates both the Old and New Testament concept. 

The alternative term, "(Holy) Ghost", comes from Old English translations of spiritus."
Everything in the universe is energy fragments of the whole energy field we live (and die) in, so I see Animism as the Way The Holy Spirit fragments itself into everyday life to become life itself.
So, basically that spirit that animates the dove is also the same spirit that animates us all, and the common ground is when I look into the eye of the dove and recognize the same spirit in the dove that dwells in me.

Le Street Chat

Is the Theory of Animism Just for the Birds?

Dark Doodles

On the Road, Kudelka-style
Unlike Jon Kudelka though, I love the idea of Animism and spiritual journeying without the dogma, because as they say, "man's best friend is his dogma" and I don't want my dogma riding along on my spiritual trip:-)
Cheers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment