Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 10, 2016

The Yin/Yang of the Cock and the Crow?

Roosters crow, but crows caw?!
A crow cawing
I had a bit of a revelation this morning when woken by the cawing of crows that hang around my unit like relatives that won't leave and find their own place to live.

A cock crowing
Don't get me wrong, unlike some of my relatives and ex-relatives, I welcome these crows every morning, as I like to get up at sunrise and these birds save the batteries in my alarm clock.  

I thought it was funny when I thought of the word "crow" and how both crows and roosters both seem to announce the rising sun. 
Roosters, or "cocks" are considered solar symbols because they "crow" at the rising sun.
They are said to represent rebirth and deliverance from darkness.
So, what came first the chicken, or the egg?-)
But crows are associated with the void because of their black feathers and their habit of eating dead animals.
 Death of course being associated with the dark void also.  
So, maybe their cawing is announcing the end of a night's slumber in the void and that the sun is rising, and it is time for the rational mind to kick in and for me to get up (no "cock" jokes please)?-)

sub.consciousness 

by Khasiev-Maxim

I like the idea of a cock/crow ying/yang, it seems to work on a lot of levels, I think.
So, tomorrow morning when I hear the crows cawing, I'll think that they aren't telling me the sun is rising, but that the night is ending.
Of course crows and roosters actually caw and crow all day, but we mainly notice them first thing at sunrise when they really seem to be letting us know that it's time to get up like the rising sun.
Next year should be really something to crow about it looks like:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment