Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 1, 2016

The Diamond Theorem and the Field of Dreams?

W.P. Kinsella dies on the same day
 as
my father's funeral
The diamond charm that fell off my keyring
The Baseball diamond?
After I had just finished writing my post about diamond theorems and Jung -
Signs and Symbols?
I picked up yesterday's (October 31st, 2016) Brisbane newspaper and read the celebrity obituary (they always seem to be weeks behind for some reason) and it was for William Patrick "W.P." Kinsella who passed away the same day that my father's funeral was held.
This passing of Ray's had somehow slipped by me with all the turmoil of my own father's death and my planned road-trip to see my football team try to win their first ever NRL grand final down in Sydney.
So, it wasn't until Halloween that I found out about Ray's passing.
I'm not a real big baseball fan, but I did read Kinsella's book 'Shoeless Joe' and love the movie 'Field of Dreams', which I have written posts about - 
'Shoeless Joe' - Great Read
Returning to home base?
Six Degrees of Kevin Costner
The coin and the book Shoeless Joe
"Fortune Used to Hide in the Palm of His Hand."
I have to confess that I'm not a Mormon ... and I can't see myself ever becoming one either, but looking back through my old posts and the last post I wrote when my father passed away, came as a bit of a shock that the same church features in both posts -
Hello from Heaven???
Mormon Headquarters, Kangaroo Point.
Stop the Clocks? Signs?
As soon as I think life can't get much weirder, death does.

No comments:

Post a Comment