Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 5, 2016

Alan Moore Talks to Stewart Lee – Books Podcast

I have to thank Gordon White at Rune Soup blog for alerting me to this podcast link -
Alan Moore talks to Stewart Lee – books podcast
"The comics legend tells the stand-up comic why his latest project is a small-town novel set in the Midlands, running to 1,280 pages and titled Jerusalem.
Alan Moore is best known for his comics classics such as V for Vendetta and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but his latest work takes him into different territory: Jerusalem is a prose novel that, at 600,000 words, is longer than the Bible - and is a vast celebration of his relatively small hometown of Northampton.
In a Guardian Live event recorded in London, Moore explains his project to comedian Stewart Lee.
"
I just noticed that Alan Moore has green eyes.
On a personal synchronistic note, I'm reading Gordon White's e-book, 'Pieces of Eight' at the moment and I just read the part in the book, 'A Prayer for Emergencies', where Gordon writes, 
"If you are caught out in a challenging situation, then consider the traditional prayer of the Celtic fisherman.
I find it's brevity hauntingly poignant.
Oh God, the sea is so great
And my boat is so small."
I was wearing this t-shirt pictured above when I read that part of Gordon's book.
And while I find that prayer as rather Monty Python-ish, I do find it strangely comforting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment