Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 9, 2017

Adios Glen, Even Though I Know That You're Still Around

Glen Campbell, Rhinestone Cowboy singer and country music icon, dies aged 81
"Country music icon Glen Campbell has died, aged 81, at an Alzheimer's facility in Nashville.
The Rhinestone Cowboy singer was one of the biggest stars of the late 1960s and 1970s.

He sold more than 45 million records, had 12 gold albums and 75 chart hits.
Campbell's publicist, Sandy Brokaw, said the singer died on Tuesday morning in Nashville.
No cause was immediately given."
My heart goes out to Ashley and her family, as I know how hard it is to watch someone pass from this awful disease, especially when it's your own father.
I'll be downloading a copy of Glen's last album 'Adios' from iTunes today and playing GC songs all day as a tribute to the great singer.
My own father passed on a Tuesday, too. Sept 13, 2016
8/8/17 is an auspicious date to pass away on as well ... that's if there is a good date to pass away on ... as an 8 on its side represents infinity and in a way, Glen has three 8s in that date if you add the 1 and 7 together (8/8/1+7=8).
I wrote this post linked below days ago because I sensed Glen was about to leave this mortal coil very soon after I would write it, because the signs were hitting me like bricks to the head -
By The Time I Get To Phoenix/The Long Good-bye
Phoenix rise again.

3 comments:

  1. Sad. And that photo of two hands is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was wondering why Ashley had a dagger tattooed on he wrist and then I found a news article that read -
    "She also plans to keep her dad close to her with a recent tattoo of a small knife she got in honor of him.
    He has the same tattoo.
    "He gave it to himself when he was like 9 years old with a needle and ink," she said.
    "When I did it, it reminded me to love everyone and to put out my dad's energy into the world.
    That hard working, believing in the truth, be kind to everyone energy.
    That's what it reminds me of every day.""

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, those lines in my above comment came from an article titled,
    'Ashley: I use music to speak with dad Glen Campbell'.
    In the article it states,
    "Glen Campbell's daughter says that although she can't have a typical conversation with her father, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, she's able to speak to him through music.
    "When you sit there and play a guitar right in front of him, it really seems to reach him," Ashley Campbell said in an interview this week.
    "So I try to do that as often as I can.""
    I just wonder now with Glen on the "other-side" if Glen won't be trying to talk to Ashley through music, like those random, but meaningful songs that come on the radio, or shopping mall speakers where you go "WTF(?) I think dad or someone on his behalf is playing meaningful songs to me".
    I say keep those ears open Ashley.

    ReplyDelete