Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 15, 2017

Timing is Everything When it Comes to Synchronicity, Whether Personal or Pop Cultural

Crashed into a Starbucks?!
This morning I was in bed reading a book that I had bought on the Friday at the Byron Bay Writers Festival called 'The Good Girl Stripped Bare', a memoir of new reader Tracey Spicer's life so far.
This is the last page of the book that I read this morning when I decided to get up out of bed and start my day in the real world.
Tracey recalls listening to Jeff Buckley's song 'Grace' (which is a song I was not familiar with, so I decided to Google it when I got up) as she drove across the Sydney Harbour Bridge after receiving some devastating personal news.
I also found out later in the book that Trace and Jace name their daughter Grace, too, so it really is their go-to song it seems.
Tom Cruise in MI:2 with the
  
Sydney Harbour Bridge behind
Tom Cruise in MI:2, which was
 filmed in
Sydney in 2000
April 8th, 2017?!
The night before I had seen a story about Tom Cruise hurting his leg in a stunt gone wrong while filming the latest Mission Impossible film and then when I get up this morning I see a stunt-woman was killed when her motorcycle ran into a Starbucks coffee shop in Vancouver, the hometown of the movie's star Ryan Reynolds.
The weird thing is I've been following Chris Knowles' posts about the 'Song to the Siren' curse which seems to have plagued Tim and Jeff Buckley, as well as others that have come into the siren's sphere of influence -
Chester Bennington and the Siren's Call
It might be 'The Mummy''s
curse for
Tom
Coffee and the Siren's Song
But when I listened to the lyrics of Jeff Buckley's song 'Grace' for the first time this morning, there was a lot of personal resonance for me in the timing of those words and maybe a personal prophecy in those words of Jeff's own demise -
GRACE
There's the moon asking to stay
Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
Oh, it's my time coming, I'm not afraid, afraid to die
My fading voice sings of love
But she cries to the clicking of time, oh

Wait in the fire
Wait in the fire

Wait in the fire
Wait in the fire
Fire


And she weeps on my arm
Walking to the bright lights in sorrow
Oh, drink a bit of wine we both might go tomorrow
Oh, my love

And the rain is falling and I believe
My time has come
It reminds me of the pain I might leave
Leave behind

Wait in the fire
Wait in the fire

Wait in the fire
Wait in the fire
Fire

Oh
Ooh, ooh, ah

And I feel that I'm drownin' my name
So easy to know
And forget with this kiss

I'm not afraid to go but it goes so slow, oh

Wait in the fire
Wait in the fire, wait in the fire, oh

Oh, wait in the fire
Wai-wai-wait
Wait in the fire, wait in the fire

Wait

Wait in the fire?!
Apart from the Acid on the Road I Had a Good Trip
The weird thing too is that I was going to suggest Tracey send a copy of her book to Tom's ex, Nicole Kidman to read, as I know Nicole has a production company with Reece Witherspoon to produce good female content in movies and TV shows.
But don't worry Tracey word will get through to Nic eventually, I think.
And there is definitely a movie, or two in this book to be told whether in a fictional movie, or semi-autobiographical movie, or TV show.
I'm glad that I picked up a copy to read anyway.
It's certainly an eye opener to someone who grew up a male at the same time and place as Trace.
On another weird ironic synch, I had just watched the movie 'Thor' for the first-time last night on DVD and I read on the page of Tracey's book pictured further up in this post this morning about her thawing out 'Frostie'.
Loki, the Trickster from 'Thor'
A 'Frostie'?
Thor-ing?
I'm not really into Thor and Norse mythology, but I decided to hire out the two Thor movies, so I was up to speed when the third one (which was filmed in Tracey's and my hometown of Brisbane) came out soon in the cinema, after I had listened recently to Richard Fidler interviewing Neil Gaiman in a podcast -
Neil Gaiman retells classic Norse mythology.
Stories are powerful things in our lives, especially our own.
P.S. If you are wondering about the Tori Amos song above, "one of Gaiman's most commented-upon friendships is with the musician Tori Amos, a Sandman fan who became friends with Gaiman after making a reference to "Neil and the Dream King" on her 1991 demo tape.
Tori Amos also mentions Gaiman in her song, 'Tear in Your Hand' ("If you need me, me and Neil'll be hangin' out with the dream king. Neil says hi by the way")..."
And since I'm a Tori Amos fan and thought the song went with the themes of this post, I included it above.
Tori Amos/Pele Sync

UPDATE: 15th August, 2017
I just watched the latest 'Twin Peaks' episode (#14 'We Are Like the Dreamer') and it ends in the 'Bang Bang Bar' (as usual) with a song from 'Lissie' called 'Wild Wild West' where the lyrics mention living on 'The Edge'.
Hmm ... interesting with TC hitting the edge of the building while filming 'MI:6'.
'He will need months to recover': Tom Cruise 'breaks TWO bones and pushes Mission: Impossible 6 filming back by months' after injuring himself in daredevil roof jump stunt
I never knew TC was born on the 3rd of July.
Seems kind of ironic in a way.
What do actors say to one another?
Oh, yeah ... break a leg
Let's hope 'Top Gun 2' never gets made now;-)

1 comment:

  1. The song "Grace" does sound pretty suicidal, or at the very least, like the song of somebody who is seriously thinking about leaving all this business of being a star behind. In magical terms, fire and life are pretty much the same thing. So "wait in the fire" means "stay alive" or at least "in the limelight".

    ReplyDelete