Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 13, 2017

10% Happier Through Minimalism?

I came across Dan Harris and his work from watching the movie 'Minimalism' on Netflix (Australia) last week.
It's also the movie that featured Sam Harris and was the catalyst for me to look into just who Sam Harris was, since I had started seeing his name pop up in my world quite often in the last fortnight, like on this top 100 list in the 2016 magazine I was reading last week (pictured below).
Sam Harris and 'Is Life Actually Worth Living?'
The Siren Song, Cults, Sam Harris, Gods and Years Ending in 7?
I thought these two Harris guys must have been related, but it turns out they weren't.
Turns out they are both half Jewish and kind of call themselves a Jewbu.
Something the three of us have in common then I guess, but my last name is not Harris.
I started listening to the Sam Harris podcast show, but didn't find that many of his shows that interesting, as it focused on politics and atheism too much for my liking.
But I started listening to the Dan Harris podcast shows at his '10% Happier' site and found a lot more to interest me there.
Dan even interviews Sam Harris in one of his podcasts -
#71: Sam Harris, 'Waking Up' Podcast Host, Neuroscientist
I also thought it was interesting that Dan starts off his podcast shows with the man who was #1 on the 2016 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine's top 100 list -
#1: Dalai Lama
the other podcasts I listened to today at Dan's site and would recommend were -
#94: LeAnn Rimes, Grammy-Winning Artist

#69: Jewel, Grammy-Nominated Singer-Songwriter, Actress (Bonus!)

#32: The Minimalists, Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus

I'll be writing another post about the movie 'Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things' and the 'The Minimalists Podcast' soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment