Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 6, 2017

Margot Robbie's Real Life ICE Battle?!

I've written a few posts about Margot Robbie recently on this blog, especially about her being the page 3 girl in a Queensland (Margot's home Australian state) newspaper the day Charles Manson passed away on November 19th, 2017, and Margot preparing to play Sharon Tate in Tarantino's next film -
Charlie Don't Surf?!
I even mentioned Margot in my post about Libby Munro -
2017 and the "Wild/Wronged Woman" Archetype?
Libby Munro on stage in the play 'Venus in Fur'
So, when I heard that Margot Robbie was in a real-life ice battle, I thought she was battling a drug problem.
But no, Margot was playing wild woman ice skater Tonya Harding in an upcoming biopic movie.
I guess I jumped to the conclusion that Margot had a drug problem when I saw the words "Margot" and "ice" together in the one headline, because I'm reading the book 'Breaking the Ice', a book I bought at the Byron Writers Festival back in 2016 after hearing Matt Noffs give a talk about Australia's ice epidemic and his book.
I've never dabbled in ice nor had a personal ice problem, unless you count my battles to get ice at my local petrol station to keep my alcohol problem on ice
Ice addiction 'pales into insignificance' compared to harms linked to alcohol abuse, AMA says
"Australia's peak medical body has slammed the Federal Government's drug policy, arguing its focus on methamphetamine is misplaced and alcohol abuse is a far more pressing issue."
Australia has one of the biggest methamphetamine/ice problems in the world, and headlines such as the one below are common reading in Australia's news media outlets.
Olympic boxer nicknamed 'Pistol Pete' is jailed for almost five years for drug trafficking after police discover $130,000 worth of methamphetamine in the 40-year-old's possession
Ironically, I found the above book when I was looking on Google for the drug book that shares the same title and this children's book is about -
"Figure skating is Kaitlin s passion, but she lands on thin ice after a meltdown in this funny, touching story.
Because when you fall down, you have to pick yourself up even if it's in front of judges and a crowd.
Kaitlin has always dreamed of being a champion figure skater, and she's given up a lot to pursue her passion. But after she has a totally uncharacteristic tantrum at a major competition, she s dropped by her coach and her prestigious skating club.
When no other club will have her, she's forced to join the ridiculed and run-down Fallton Club, jokingly referred to as the 
Fall Down Club."
If you were to ask most Australians to name an Australian Winter Olympic gold medalist most would say Steven Bradbury, who is famous for being the last man standing when the rest of the racers fell down.
The struggle and the strife behind Steven Bradbury's race to Salt Lake City
Now if Margot could play Steven in a future movie about Steven's life, I'm sure she'll get the gold (Oscar) too;-)
I also saw a story in the QWEEKEND the same weekend Margot was in that paper about the Australian band 'Icehouse' and the 30th anniversary of their song 'Electric Blue'.
But it was hearing the 'Icehouse' song 'Great Southern Land' on the radio on the morning of October 31st, 2017, that made me think how ironic that Australia (the Great Southern Land) would have a massive Ice problem in 2017 and that one of the most iconic Australian bands from the past would be called 'Icehouse' with a hit record about Australia as the main theme.
The 'Icehouse' ice-skating rink in Melbourne, Australia
I also thought it was ironic that Steven Bradbury says in the podcast I just listened to at the ABC 'Conversations' website that he used to train at the 'Icehouse' ice-skating rink in Melbourne from time to time.
Prevention is better than cure
It's also ironic that in Australia emergency services encourage people to put an ICE (In Case of Emergency) number in their phones, so they can contact somebody if you are involved in an accident, fatal or otherwise.
And the big news story this morning is Russia being banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics because of a doping scandal.
I just wonder if ICE was involved in that story, as well?-)
I can't wait to see Margot Robbie's real life ICE Battle on the big screen.
I just hope they are selling my drug of choice at the cinema bar;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment