Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 23, 2018

The (Love) Shack?

I listened to the above 'Aeon Byte' podcast yesterday 
(February 22nd, 2018) where Miguel Conner talks with William Paul Young about William's novel and movie adaption 'The Shack'.
I've never heard of the book or movie until listening to the 'Aeon Byte' podcast, but I will try to catch the movie if I can find it.
I like Sam Worthington as an actor, and I have written posts about some of the movies I have seen him in -
PAPER Planes Sync in the FLOW
"We've All Been There": Tropfest Winner 2013
Nicholas Clifford (pineapple in hand) and 
Sam Worthington
 (Just Alpha)
The Deeply Odd Synchromystic Life and Death of Anton Yelchin
Ironically, not that I have seen the movie or read the book 'The Shack', but the jhist of what I get from the podcast is that the story is about forgiveness, and then I see Sam's next movie after 
'The Shack' is 'Hunter's Prayer' (not that I have seen any more than the trailer) where he plays a hired assassin.
The storyline being -
"An assassin helps a young woman avenge the death of her family."
Personally, when it comes to forgiveness my motto is "God forgives, I don't".
That's not to say that I stew in revenge fantasies about people who have f#cked me over in life, because I believe in karma and sincerely believe that life will catch up with them in this life or the next
And besides, I don't know what karma I have carried over from past lives, so maybe "God" is dishing a few lessons out to me in this one?
Not to say I'm going to grin about it while life punches me in the face this time round, I'm going to get pretty pissed off about it all while I'm here going through it all for whatever cosmic reason it's for ... until the punchline makes sense to me.
I get it about the act of forgiveness being more for the benefit of the forgiver than the forgiven, but I could never forgive the killer of my child, like Sandy MacGregor claims to have done in the You Tube below.
Sandy MacGregor's "Journey of Proof to Learn about the Subconscious Mind" 
I can't even forgive my ex-wife for f#cking my life up and walking out on me without even trying to work things out, but I throw my resentment into the universe's basket, because I believe what goes around comes around and while I never want to see her or talk to her in my lifetime again, I'm not going to sit stewing about it for the rest of my life, like I know I would if someone gunned down my kid in cold blood.
I admire people like Sandy, because I couldn't do what he's done in the forgiveness stakes.
My life would really spiral out of control under the same circumstances, I feel.
Ironically, William Paul Young was born on the 11th of May, which is my ex-wife's birthday, too.
Isn't the universe/God/whatever you want to call IT funny?-)
You're probably wondering what that Dave Graney book pictured above has to do with this post.
Apart from the paper plane Dave is flying there is quite a bit.
I wrote a post at the start of February -
The Many Faces of COINcidence?
which was about a podcast Dr. Bernie Beitman did with a guy from my hometown of Brisbane, who I had never heard of until then, named Laurence Browne, who had written a book called 'The Many Faces of Coincidence'.
I ended that post with these words -
"I might even attend a book launch night at the store [The Avid Reader] if I see an author who draws my attention on some coincidental/synchronistic level.
In fact I might call heads on that one right now?-)
"
Well, that author was Dave Graney and the talk was last night (Febraury 22nd), which was why in my last post I wrote that I could only see the movie '2:22' at 2:10 pm -
2:22 on 2/22?
Dave Graney sitting in the 'Gifts and Things'
section of 'The Avid Reader' bookstore
I first mentioned Dave when I saw a talk of his at the Byron Writers Festival years ago and bought and read his first book -
The Dave Graney/Justin Heazlewood Sync Roadshow
I'll do another post about Dave's talk at 'The Avid Reader', otherwise this post will get out of hand, if it isn't already.
My copy of 'The Big Issue#555 9-22 February, 2018
The Big Issue here is synchronicity, as I had never come across anyone selling 'The Big Issue' magazine before last night, when there was a guy outside 'The Avid Reader' selling it and he asked me if I wanted to buy a copy.
I said sure, having no idea that they were $7 each.
The first time I had heard about this magazine was when I saw a movie about a ginger cat and street busker in London who sold 'The Big Issue' magazine -
A Street Cat Named Bob/Tiger
Oddly enough, on page 12 of the magazine is an article titled 'Love Shack' written by Ricky French, which is about an asbestos cottage in New Zealand that was lived in by two lovers who were shunned by society and who did as best as they could in that love shack of theirs.
Or as Kiwis might say, "asbestos they could";-)
There was also this advert above in the same magazine for 'Habitat for Humanity Australia' about rocking the house (shack?).
Then there was an article about butterflies and studies titled 'Article of Faith' where Lorin Clarke who co-hosts the 'Stupidly Small' podcast writes about all of those small life pleasures like four butterflies frolicking through the air and the smell of pine forests.
And at about the 50-minute mark of the 'Aeon Byte' podcast William Paul Young tells how the butterfly that lands on the nose of the main character just happened while shooting and it was left in the movie, it wasn't a special effect, as some would think.
A picture of Kylie Minogue was also in the magazine and I later found out that Dave's partner Clare Moore played the drums in that Kylie song in the You Tube above.
That's Clare's head in the photo above, as Clare sat down in front of me last night, as luck would have it.
The dedication from 'Workshy' to Clare
I thought it was also kind of a sync that Dave's birthday is the 2nd of February, as that means Dave was born on 2/2, too;-)
2/2, too;-)
When I asked Dave to sign my copy of his book to Daz he told me that he was in a band called 'Wam & Daz'.
I looked the band up on the net when I got home and found a few You Tubes of their songs. 
So, if it wasn't for me hearing Laurence Browne on Dr. Bernie Beitman's podcast and looking up just who Laurence Browne was and finding his book talk at 'The Avid Reader', I would have missed out on Dave's talk, plus on a few other things, which I'll write about in future posts.
Dave at the signing table last night

UPDATE: 24th February, 2018
I just heard this podcast this morning at the 'Conversations' website, which was more or less what Dave talked about on Thursday night at the bookstore -
Dave Graney and the art of the bludge
There are even a few songs chucked in.
And here is the talk which was recorded on the night of the 22nd of February, 2018 -
Dave Graney 'Workshy'
"Dave Graney in conversation with Leanne de Souza (Director of the Rock & Roll Writers Festival) about Graney's new book 'Workshy'.
The book is available for purchase here: avidreader.com.au/products/work-shy
Legendary Australian showman Dave Graney returns to the page and reveals the lengths he has gone to avoid anything that really feels like work.
In his inimitable style, Graney veers from a feckless childhood in blue-collar South Australia, to the punk rock scene of 1980s London, and beer-soaked nights touring Australia where he worked very hard at not working at all.
But in slacking off, Graney became one of the hardest working musicians in the industry, constantly evolving, reinventing, staying one step ahead of everyone – even himself.
Workshy is half written by Dave Graney the consummate and tireless performer, and half-written by Dave Graney the bludge.
The magic is that you’re never sure which is which.
This podcast was recorded at Avid Reader Bookstore in Brisbane as part of our year-round events schedule.
For more information and to see what we having coming up, visit their website: avidreader.com.au/ "

No comments:

Post a Comment