Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 15, 2018

Tash Sultana: The JUNGle and the Fool's Journey?

Tash Sultana played Bluesfest on April Fools' Day, but unfortunately for me I didn't get to see her gig, because her gig clashed with Sheryl Crow's CD signing and gig -
Bluesfest Easter Sunday 2018: A Fool's Journey with Something to Crow About?
I hadn't heard any of Tash's music until I bought the '29th Byron Bay Bluesfest' CD and listened to her song 'Jungle'.
I thought the lyrics sounded rather Jungian when I heard them -
"But you throw me into the deep end
Expect me to know how to swim
And I put my faith in someone else
'Cause I will be just fine
Welcome to the
jungle
Are you gonna dance with me
Welcome to the
jungle
You got to close your eyes and see
"

TASH SULTANA - JUNGLE
(LIVE BEDROOM RECORDING)
When I looked up a video of Tash singing this song, I came across a You Tube that said it was a "bedroom" recording, although it looked more like her "living room".
Since Jung was quite big on dream-work, a bedroom recording sounded even more Jungian to me and reminded me of this old post about 'The JUNGle Book' -
Tash is a very fine musician with a very bright future ahead of her, I think.
And I found another music video of Her's titled 'Notion' with what I thought were some very interesting lyrics -
"I hear the birds
When they're singing
I hear the sirens when they're ringing
But I can't take my mind off of you
A thousand words, pouring out
The distance of over there
Is moving on and out
You said it, you said it'd be alright

How 'bout these notions
Hmm, they're deep as ocean
Calling out my name
Screaming out in vain
Singing hallelujah
"

If you have been reading my blog since the end of last year, you'll know about my feeling for 2018 and ocean themes -
The name Tash is short for Natasha, so you might want to look up just what the name Natasha means, as I have a few more "Natasha"s to write about in future posts and some ... what I think are bizarre foolish Lovecraftian synchronicities will tie into this post.
Stay tuned.

Update: 16th April, 2018
Natasha de Tracie: AKA Lillian Lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment